About the A-Team¶
The Engineering Productivity group (called “the A-Team” for nostalgic reasons) is a small group dedicated to improving our automation infrastructure and tools to better support Mozilla’s automated tests overview and other of Mozilla’s Development and Testing efforts.
How to Talk to Us¶
There are a few channels of communication for our group:
- The #ateam channel on irc.mozilla.org.
- The email@example.com mailing list.
- Join our regular status conference call. Be sure to say hello so we know you’re there!
If you ever have a question, regardless of how difficult it is, you can share it on those channels and someone should help you out. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! You’re trying to help us, so it’s only fair that we try to help you in return.
Find a Mentor!¶
It’s also a good idea to find someone to mentor you as a new contributor. Having someone you can personally ask for help from is incredibly helpful in finding your way around.
If you’re a new employee, your mentor may be your manager, or it may be a coworker. If you’re a volunteer, ask someone who works on the project you want to contribute to; if they cannot mentor you themselves, they should be able to direct you to someone who can.
Turn on the Firehose¶
We are one team, part of a much bigger Mozilla project. Here are some links:
- Newsgroup related to tools at Mozilla: mozilla.tools
- Information on testing: mozilla.dev.quality
- Project wide notices and meeting announcements: mozilla.dev.planning
- Technical discussions regarding the Gecko Platform: mozilla.dev.platform
- Keep abreast of the latest status on the entire project: Planet Mozilla
- Watch the automated messages coming out of the automation: mozilla.dev.tree-management