At Mozilla we use a lot of special terms that mean specific, non-obvious things to those who aren’t familiar with them. This document attempts to define those terms.
- An “orange” refers to a test that fails intermittently. They are called “oranges” because they turn our status reporting orange. View current list of “oranges”
- pull request
- A term for a request on GitHub to merge some changes into a codebase. Pull requests are the primary place where code review happens for GitHub projects.
- Abbreviation for a request to review a piece of code.
- Abbreviation for passing a code review. In some cases, the r+ is conditional on additional changes being made, but subsequent review is not necessary after making them.
- Abbreviation for failing a code review. This usually means that more work is needed rather than rejecting the code outright. After the requested changes are made, another code review is required.